Spray & Slay
Goals? Umm… Staying golden, safely, of course! Living in Florida a tan isn’t hard to come by, but doing it safely and avoiding the long-term damage to your skin isn’t easy. Now you can come enjoy a healthy glow without the harmful side effects of UV radiation at Karma Seven. We’ve got you covered, literally! Our tans are manually airbrushed to ensure even coverage, no machines here! No time to exfoliate beforehand? That’s ok! Add an exfoliation treatment in our state of the art Hydrotherapy Spa Capsule for just $25!
Before Your Tan:
- Shave at least 24 hours before your visit to ensure your pores are closed. This will prevent dotting in pores.
- Shower before arrival and exfoliate your body to remove dead skin cells, paying particular attention to elbows, knees, ankles, and dry areas. Rinsing with cold water will ensure pore closure.
- For 24 hours before your visit, avoid using bar soaps, high pH shower products, oil based products, or in-shower moisturizers as this will act as a barrier against your skin and prevent proper tanning results
- Before your appointment, make sure skin is clean and dry. Avoid use of make-up, deodorant, lotions, and perfumes prior to spray. (A little lotion on knees and elbows may help prevent areas from getting too dark as tan is typically absorbed most here.)
- Wear loose, dark clothing and flip flops to go home in. Avoid underwire bras.
- Before your appointment, make sure your skin is clean and dry. Keep in mind that too much moisture causes tanning product to slide right off the skin.
- Don’t apply moisturizer, perfume, deodorant or makeup on the day of application.
- Wear loose clothing to go home in
The Most Important Step After Getting Your Spray Tan is the Shower Process
After an hour (or longer – if you choose), shower quickly for 45 seconds, with lukewarm water. The brown bronzers will wash away, while the fast tan actives continue to work and deepen. DO NOT USE USE HOT WATER. It stops the development of tan actives during the development time. This is a common mistake people make, especially in the colder months. (Not that we have much of that in South Florida) Once you shower, you can wear your favorite clothes, go out of the house and definitely not stain the bed sheets. Your tan will develop into a natural tan without the hassle of fake tan staining and smell.
Before Your Tan:
- Wear dark, loose clothing and loose fitting shoes.
- After an hour (or longer for a darker tan) shower quickly for 45 seconds in cool-lukewarm water. DO NOT SHOWER IN HOT WATER. It will stop the development of the tan actives. DO NOT USE LOOFAHS OR CLOTHS. Lather soap in hands and quickly rinse.
- Gently pat skin dry. Do not rub or scrub your skin.
- Moisturize every day after 1st shower to maintain a glowing tan!
- After shower, you’re free to wear your favorite clothes, go out of the house, and definitely NOT stain your bed sheets!
- Enjoy the glow without the fake tan staining and smell.